Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Today's adventure: Nothing!

I am a studio tour guide at Universal Studios. I am not working very much right now, and I have to say, it does not suit me to have nothing to do. When I don't have something to do, I more than likely do nothing.

You know sometimes, when you are bored and have nothing to do, you'll do housework, or go exercise or something like that? But I hate that stuff. It's so hard for me to get motivated to do stuff I don't want to, even if I have nothing else to do. I actually like exercising, it's just hard to get up the gumption to start. I need structure, like an appointment with a trainer, or a class to go to. And I like exercise disguised as fun, like playing tennis, or swimming, or basketball.

And I won't say I did absolutely nothing today. I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen sink. I made myself take a walk around the block. I knitted on my pillow cover (Ravelry link). This is an older picture - I finished another repeat of the circles. I made dinner - fish sticks, corn, and macaroni and cheese. I keep thinking I might need to get a third job, just to keep me occupied. But summer is beginning, and work is supposed to pick up, since this is peak season. It seems silly to me to get another job when I should be working a lot in a couple of weeks.

I need a new project.

No comments: